Lichtenberg Castle is located 395 m high and dominates the landscape from a variety of perspectives. In the castle itself is a historical museum, the geoscope, a restaurant and a youth hostel, dominated by the keep, it rises broadly and massively from the imposing castle complex. The tower is accessible and especially in springtime it offers a great view at sunrise into the Kuseler Land.
Ideal also to stay there for one or two days and visit for example the Potzberg with its birds of prey.
- Season: May / June; September / October
- Time of day: 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Weather: Sun-cloud-mix, sunset from the castle towards Kusel
- Lenses: 16-35 mm, 24-70 mm, 70-200 mm details depending on your perspective
- Filter: Polarizing filter and soft gray gradient GND 16, GND 8 depending on the lighting conditions
- Tripod: Yes
- Location: Meadow property directly beside the agricultural road coming from Thallichtenberg.
Around the Lichtenberg Castle there are still many spots from where you can take beautiful pictures of this castle even with stars and full moon at night.
Directions and location:
Approach via the A62 exit Reichweiler, then the L349 via Pfeffelbach to Thallichtenberg, there the castle is very well signposted. The viewpoint of the panorama is easy to reach
via Thallichtenberg. You turn right in the center of Baumholderstr. into Friedebergstr., drive it to the end, then continue on the farm road to the said photo spot.
Coordinates: 49.56731, 7.35434