To this day, the image of the city center of Zweibrücken is shaped by the baroque ducal suburb, which Christian IV had built during the great heyday of the duchy in the 18th century to beautify his royal seat.
Today this ducal suburb is in the middle of the city and, with Hallplatz, forms a contrast between different epochs and architectural styles, which can be photographed very well.
- Season: May / June; September / October
- Time of day: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Weather: Sun-cloud-mix
- Lenses: 16-35 mm, 24-70 mm, 70-200 mm details depending on your perspective
- Filter: Polarizing filter and soft gray gradient GND 16, GND 8 depending on the lighting conditions. Also suitable for HDR.
- Tripod: Yes
- Location: Herzogplatz offers many different perspectives with the beautifully preserved historical buildings. Here a panorama shot with 5-6 portrait images is ideal to capture the entire space in perspective.
Directions and location:
Access via the A8 motorway, exit 32, then onto Kaiserstraße towards the center. Follow the signs to car park Hallplatz. The last part to Herzogplatz is covered on foot over the Schwarzbach.
Coordinates: 49.2507, 7.3608