RUPPERTSTEIN ROCK NEAR LEMBERG/PFALZ
The freely accessible castle ruins are located about two kilometers
east of the town of Ruppertsweiler. The castle rock is located at
the top of the northeastern foothills of the Hummelberg. Here
you have very good views in the direction of Trifels across the
Palatinate Forest. Furthermore – on the other side of the panorama rock a great view over Ruppertsweiler, Münchweiler towards
Heltersberg. Other points of view around the Rupperstein are
e.g. the Ringstein, the Rabenfelsen and the Maiblumenfelsen, all
within 2-3 km and very easy to reach on foot.
- Season: February / March; October / November; very good even in snow
Note: The rock is closed from late April to mid-July due to the breeding of falcons!
- Time of day: 06:30 a.m. – 09:00 a.m.
- Weather: Sun-cloud-mix, sunrise – fog – direction east – south-east Trifels Castle and Altdahn Castle
- Lenses: 24-70 mm, 70-200 mm details depending on your perspective, tele converter 2.0 – gives 400 mm
- Filter: Polarizing filter and gray gradient soft GND 16, GND 8 depending on the light conditions.
- Tripod: Yes
- Locations: After climbing the Ruppertstein over natural sandstone stairs, straight ahead for about 20 m, there are 2 wooden benches. Approx. 15 m to the right and left there are many opportunities for great perspectives. The position for the photo is approx. 3 m away from the wooden benches, directly on the security fence. From there you have a very good view of the Wasgau.
Directions and location:
Via Lemberg up to Lemberg Castle, coming from Pirmasens at the main crossroads in the middle of the village on the left up the steep mountain to the hiking car park below the castle. From there a wide road runs that is already marked with a marking that leads to the Ruppertstein. After approx. 2 km you leave the path after a forest refuge that is on the left, after approx. 400 m you then turn right onto a narrow path up to the Ruppertfelsen.
Coordinates: 49.186701, 7.68620