Very close to the center of Pirmasens lies the Strecktalpark. If you are not familiar with the area, it is easiest to find it by following the signs „Dynamikum“. The park is directly connected to the „Rheinbergergelände“, where the „Mitmach-Museum Dynamikum“ is located. Only shortly before the turn of the millennium it was built on a former redevelopment site. The heart of the park is the Poissy Garden, named after the French twin city, with its rich perennial plantings. A small lake, children‘s playgrounds as well as a skating rink, a beach volleyball field, a barefoot path and a Kneipp basin complete the offer. The park also offers a great photo motif at sunset with the drawbridge, which is usually reflected in the lake.
- Season: May / June; September / October; in winter with snow
- Time of day: 06:00 a.m. – 09:00 a.m. depending on the season
- Weather: Sun-cloud-mix
- Lenses: 16-35 mm, 24-70 mm, 70-200 mm details depending on your perspective
- Filter: Polarizing filter as well as soft gray gradient GND 16, GND 8 depending on lighting conditions, GND 8 from below, GND 16 from above and visibility gap in parking area.
- Tripod: Yes
- Location: Coming from the IHK building, after 250 m a paved walkway leads to the right behind the houses. It runs along the fence of the Strecktalpark and after about 160 m you reach a passage in the fence directly behind the main customs office. Through the lattice door and approx. 25 m down the valley is the recording point.After the shot it is a good idea to walk down to the lake and if possible also take a picture of the reflections of skyline, city and nature.
Directions and location:
Coming from the Dynamikum, you drive down Fröhnstraße, past a large garden center. At the following traffic light turn right into Adam-Müller-Straße and pass the IHK. After approx. 250 m you will find a parking lot on the left side of the street, where the sidewalk leads off in the direction of the admission point in the park.
Coordinates: 49.20033, 7.59453